Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lucky 7 Lampwerks

Paul Cuthbert of Lucky 7 Lampwerks combines edison bulbs and industrial detritus to form lighting that is also art.


He says:

If you go into the engine room of a ship or the boiler room of a building, there is a beauty in the placement of common instruments. It lies in their relationship to the machinery around them. My objective was to bring to life a slice of a forbidden place... the restricted areas.

This last one reminds me of my father-the-mechanic's shop. Not a restricted area for me -- but the combination of heavy metal forms and thick orange extension cords, combined with the feel of dirt and dark in the photography pushes nostalgia buttons for me.

Original Post : http://thesteampunkhome.blogspot.com/2010/01/lucky-7-lampwerks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment